Are you on the hunt for a go-to side or salad for lunch? This recipe from Susan of Peas and Love is the perfect summer salad to bring into the office or to a picnic in the park. The combination of mint and parsley with the lentils is incredibly refreshing.
Herby Lentil Salad
1 cup Green Lentils 1 cup Water 1 cup Vegetable Stock 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar 3 Tbsp Olive oil Juice of 1/2 a Lime 1 Tbsp chopped Cilantro 2 Tbsp chopped Parsley 1 Tbsp chopped Mint 2 Carrots, diced 1/2 Red Pepper, diced
1. Cook lentils in water and stock, and bring to a boil.
2. Turn down to a simmer and cook until tender all the way through (adding more water if necessary), about 30 minutes.
3. Toss the lentils with the vinegar, salt and black pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Taste and add more salt and vinegar if needed. Add the oil, herbs, carrots, lime juice and red pepper. Stir to combine.
5. Keep cooking until lentils are cooked to softness.
6. Garnish with 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese.
Recipe & Food Prep by Susan Whang / Photography & Styling by Caitlin Flemming